Master of Arts in Second Languages
The Master of Arts in Second Languages is a 33 semester-hour program designed to provide graduate academic preparation for individuals interested in foreign languages and English as a second language (ESL) in various settings across the state, the nation, and in international venues.
The degree consists of two options, the second language acquisition and pedagogy option and the Spanish language option. The two tracks share twelve hours of common courses, teaching methods, research and thesis. The acquisition and pedagogy track engages students in work related to how languages are learned and techniques needed to present languages to others. The Spanish option focuses on the languages, literatures, and cultures of those who speak and write Spanish throughout the world.
Limited assistantships are available on a competitive basis.
For more information about the degree program, email: email@example.com
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education (at least 24 hours of Spanish or equivalent for the Spanish option)
- Completed application to the UALR Graduate School
- 3 letters of reference about academic/professional experience
- Personal interview with the MASL Graduate Faculty
- Overall undergraduate GPA of 2.75 with 3.0 in last 60 hours.
- GRE score of 600 on verbal and 400 quantitative or MAT score of 413 (previously 55)
- Completion and oral defense of thesis
- Comprehensive examination
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0