The Graduate Certificate in Human Resources and Organizational Psychology is a unique interdisciplinary program offered jointly by the departments of management and psychology. The program is designed to equip students with specialized knowledge of human behavior in the workplace and in the application of this knowledge to human resource functions. Students will learn how social psychological concepts influence employee behavior and will gain a greater understanding of how human resource management contributes to the strategic success of an organization.
Required (12 hours):
- MGMT 7341 Strategic Human Resource Management
- MGMT 7345 Employment Law for Managers
- PSYC 7350 Training and Development
- PSYC 7361 Social Psychology
Elective (6 hours):
- MGMT 7310 Management of Human Capital OR PSYC 5363 Organizational Psychology
- MGMT 7312 Team Development
- MGMT 7340 Collective Bargaining
- PSYC 5325 Personnel Psychology
- PSYC 5460 Psychological Tests: Composition & Interpretation
- Up to 9 credits can be directly applied to the MBA degree.
- This Graduate Certificate DOES qualify for Financial Aid.
- Application to the Graduate School
- Checksheet – Human Resources/Organizational Psychology Certificate
- Certificate program code: HROP-GC
- For information about the program, call 501.569.3356 or e-mail email@example.com.