The UALR HR Society is actively dedicated to advancing student understanding of human resource issues and networking with local human resource managers. The Society is affiliated with the Central Arkansas Human Resource Association (CAHRA) as well as with the national Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
The Society is governed by SHRM rules and is administered by students. Providing programs and activities for all majors, members have access to local human resource leaders, scholarships, and information useful within their fields of student through the SHRM website. Affiliation with CAHRA provides networking with local human resource managers.
In the News
- Spring Semester Member Meetings
Thursday, February 2nd at 4:45pm RBUS 101
Thursday, March 2nd at 4:45pm RBUS 101
Thursday, April 13th at 4:45pm RBUS 101
Thursday, May 11th at 5:30pm – Senior Recognition
- Dr. Susie Cox – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elizabeth McCumpsey, President
- Tina Melvin, Vice President
- Kimya Herd, Treasurer
- Te’Airra Blanchard, Secretary and PR Officer
- Internship opportunities through CAHRA
- Public speakers
- Carnival of Clubs
- Mentorship program with local professionals
- Annual Arkansas SHRM Human Resources Conference and Expo
- Service projects: Blanket Drive for displaced persons, Heifer International Feast in the Field, visiting the elderly at a local nursing facility, Curran Park clean-up
- Networking opportunities!
Awards and Recognition
For more information about the UALR Human Resource Management Society, please contact their faculty adviser Dr. Cox at email@example.com.