The UALR HR Society is actively dedicated to advancing student understanding of human resource issues and networking with local human resource managers. The Society is affiliated with the Central Arkansas Human Resource Association (CAHRA) as well as with the national Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
The Society is governed by SHRM rules and is administered by students. Providing programs and activities for all majors, members have access to local human resource leaders, scholarships, and information useful within their fields of student through the SHRM website. Affiliation with CAHRA provides networking with local human resource managers.
In the News
- Meeting on Thursday, April 14th at 5:00 pm in RBUS 105.
Senior Recognition and 2016-2017 Officer induction – Thursday, May 12th – time and place to be announced.
- Dr. Susie Cox – email@example.com
- Kristofor Garrett, President
- Doreen Mattes, Vice President
- Terry Williams, Treasurer
- Carissa Groves, Secretary and PR Officer
- Internship opportunities through CAHRA
- Public speakers
- Carnival of Clubs
- Mentorship program with local professionals
- Annual Arkansas SHRM Human Resources Conference and Expo
- Service projects: Blanket Drive for displaced persons, Heifer International Feast in the Field, visiting the elderly at a local nursing facility, Curran Park clean-up
- Professional Edge Series
- Networking opportunities!
For more information about the UALR Human Resource Management Society, please contact their faculty advisor Dr. Leonard at firstname.lastname@example.org.