Certificate in Strategic Communication
This graduate certificate serves mid-career professionals who need to update their skills or re-tool given the job market and changes in the field of mass communication.
This program is designed for career professional who has a bachelor’s degree and:
• Would like to update his or her skills in strategic communication-PR;
• Has been working in journalism or another field and wants to become more familiar with strategic communication – PR;
• Has changing job requirements that make a background in strategic communication -PR desirable; or
• Would like to acquire a background in strategic communication-PR in order to make a possible career change.
Students entering this program must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, and meet remaining requirements for admission to the UALR Graduate School.
The Graduate Certificate in Strategic Communication requires 18 credit hours for completion.
The following courses are required:
• MCOM 5380 PR Writing
• MCOM 5381 PR Cases
• MCOM 7350 Public Relations for 21st Century Non-Profits
• SPCH 5350 Effective Crisis Communication
• SPCH 7321 Organizational Communication
• Any 7000-level Mass Communication course selected in consultation with student’s adviser.
Cumulative graduate GPA of at least 3.0 on an approved program of study as outlined above.
For more Information
Questions about UALR’s Graduate Certificate in Strategic Communication should be directed to Kwasi Boateng, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org