5-6 Licensure Endorsement
UALR’s MCED MEd program offers teacher licensure in grades 5 and 6. To be eligible for the endorsement a candidate must meet the following criteria:
Teachers holding a standard P-4 Early Childhood teaching license are eligible for 5-6 endorsement in Math, Science, Social Studies, and Language Arts.
Teachers holding a standard P-4 Early Childhood teaching license are eligible for 7-12 endorsement in their license area.
These criteria must be in place before a candidate may be accepted into the licensure endorsement program.
Candidate must be fully admitted into the MCED MEd program which requires:
- Valid teaching license
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 overall or 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate work
- Successful completion of interview
Successfully complete the following requirements:
- MCED 7312 Development of Young Adolescents
- MCED 7314 Teaching the Middle Level Exceptional Child in the Inclusive Classroom
- MCED 7315 Middle Level Curriculum and Pedagogy
Successful completion of Praxis II Middle Childhood Content Knowledge