Federal Education Benefits and Federal Student Aid
Education benefits are NOT reduced by the following Federal Financial Aid Title IV of the Higher Education Act Programs, with the exception of Tuition Assistance:
- Grants (You do not have to pay back)
- Federal Work-Study (FWS-You have to work to receive funds.)
- Loans (You have to pay back)
- Federal Pell Grant
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL)
Apply for Federal Financial Aid
If you wish to apply for federal assistance (Pell Grant, Stafford Loans, etc.), in addition to your veterans educational benefits, apply on-line. Use last yearâ€™s financial information and the UALR School Code is 001101.
If you have questions about the federal aid application, please contact a Financial Aid Advisor, (501) 569-3035 or email.
Veterans Work Study Program
- Veterans who are enrolled in at least 3/4 time are eligible for the Work Study Program. Work Study positions can be found at college veterans affairs offices, VA hospitals, and VA regional offices.
- The UALR Veterans Affairs Office currently hires up to 3 work-studies and solicits applications by email as openings are available.
- The pay is current Arkansas state minimum wage per hour. There is no tax deduction.
- Hours can usually be flexible to work around class time.
Apply for State Aid
- Arkansas Department of Higher Education (ADHE) www.adhe.edu. Application deadline is June 1. By applying at this site, you may qualify for the AR Challenge (Lottery) Scholarship, Military Dependents (MDS) Scholarship, etc.
Scholarships and Grants
Imagine America Foundation: Military Award Program
Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship information:
MilitaryScholar.org: This site offers a scholarship for children of military members.
National Military Family Association: This site has useful information for military families as well as a scholarship program for spouses of military members.
Veteran Related Scholarship Information:
Arkansas Service Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- Apply: Online
- Children of Arkansans who lost their life in service in the state, nation, or community
AT&T War Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Apply: Online
- Arkansas veterans enrolling full-time at an accredited two or four year college or university in the State of Arkansas