Obtaining VA Educational Benefits and Enrollment Certification
What We Do:
- UALR is accredited by the Veterans Administration to certify students’ enrollment so that they may qualify for educational benefits under the Montgomery G.I. Bill, Title 38 and Title 10 of the U.S. Code.
- The UALR VA Certifying Official issues enrollment certification documents to the appropriate VA regional office and monitors students’ satisfactory progress for the VA administrator.
- The UALR VA Certifying Official is a member of the Enrollment Planning Services Office.
What you do:
Veterans (or other qualified persons) who want to use their educational benefits at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock must perform the following:
- Apply to the VA Administration for your education benefits, confirmation number, and certificate of eligibility.
- Submit a Certificate of Eligibility for VA Education Benefits to the UALR VA certifying official (UALR Admissions/Financial Office).
- Veterans (or other qualified persons) who have previously used VA education benefits at another institution and wish to transfer to UALR, must file VA Form 22-1995, Change of Place of Training, or VA Form 22-5495, Request for Change of Program or Place of Training Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance, with UALR Veterans Affairs.
- Make your monthly WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment) verifications.
- Select a major by the time you reach junior standing (60 credits earned).
- Contact the UALR Veterans Affairs Office:
- If you change your academic major. File VA form 22-1995, Request For Change of Program or Place Training or VA form 22-5495, Request for Change of Program or Place of Training for Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance.
- If you have used VA education benefits at another institution.
- If you reduce your credit load below full time (12 credits for undergraduate; 9 for graduate).
- If you withdraw from classes at UALR.
Click on the appropriate program for further instructions:
- Montgomery GI Bill-Active Duty (Chapters 30, 1606, & 1607)
- Post 9/11 (Chapter 33)
- Veterans Educational Assistance Program-VEAP (Chapter 32)
- Survivors’ and Dependents’ Benefit Program-DEA (Chapter 35)