Chapters 30, 1606, & 1607
- Apply for your education benefits on the G.I. Bill website at http://www.gibill.va.gov/ or you may complete necessary forms at the UALR Veterans Affairs Office.
- Provide your confirmation number and subsequent Certificate of Eligibility to the UALR Veterans Affairs Office.
Also, if you have a Notice Of Basic Eligibility (NOBE), give the UALR Veterans Affairs Office a copy.
- All students receiving benefits need to provide the Veterans Affairs Office a copy of their UALR academic advisor-approved course plan.
- Graduate students must give the Veterans Affairs Office a copy of their official Acceptance Letter to UALR Graduate School program before they can be certified to UALR.
- The UALR Veterans Affairs Office will certify your enrollment to the VA.
- On the last day of the month, verify your enrollment to the VA via the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or by calling the toll free Interactive Voice Response line at 1-877-823-2378.
- Monthly benefits are paid directly to you to use at your discretion. If your enrollment has been certified 30 days prior to the start of the term, the first benefit should be expected to arrive in the month following the first full month of school. For example, if you start school in the fall, your first benefit should be expected to arrive in October.
- UALR will certify your UALR courses; your other institution will certify its own courses.
- Your UALR academic advisor must approve the other institution’s academic plan for you.
- You must provide the UALR Veterans Affairs Office with your academic advisor’s approval.
- UALR will send a ‘Parent School Letter’ to the other institution, which permits the other institution to certify you to receive VA benefits for those courses.