Steps to Transfer VA Educational Monthly Benefits

  1. Transfer VA benefits on-line at for all chapters except Chapter 31 Voc Rehab*
    If 1st time user, create VONAPP account, and choose one of these options:

    1. Complete VA Form 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place), all chapters except 35
    2. Chapter 35 dependent, complete VA Form 22-5495 (Dependents’ Request for Change of Program or Place)

    Note The VA Regional Office will send you an email to confirm receipt of your application.

    *Chapter 31 Voc Rehab students, you must contact your Voc Rehab counselor for information on how to change schools. If approved, have your Voc Rehab counselor send Form 28-1905 to school.

  2. Forward the VA the confirmation email to and include the following on the email:
    1. Your name
    2. VA Chapter applied for
    3. Term you plan to begin
    4. UALR ID# or last 4 digits of Social Security Number and date of birth
  3. All chapters except Chapter 31 Voc Rehab, please submit a copy of your current Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the UALR Office of Military Student Success, by email to or fax to (501) 683-7055.
  4. Register for classes.
  5. Submit a UALR VA Certification Request Form (CRF) after you register for classes. The form is available online at You should do this after you are fairly certain that your selection of classes is final. If you submit a CRF and then change classes, you will have to resubmit another CRF.The CRF form will allow the UALR Office of Military Student Success to:
    1. Release your information, as required, to the Veterans Regional Office.
    2. Make payment arrangements on your behalf to prevent deletion of classes. Once funds are released by the VA Regional Office, you are responsible for making payments on your balance to UALR or ensuring your balance is paid in full.

    NOTE: If term enrollment dates overlap, the VA Regional Office adds the credit hours from the terms together during the overlapping period(s) to calculate your eligibility.

  6. If you decide not to attend UALR for any term, you must withdraw from all classes through the UALR Office of Records and Registration by 4:00 pm at the end of the 100% refund period by the specific date(s) per term to receive a full adjustment of charges. Not attending class does not remove this obligation; if you are registered, you are liable for charges. These dates and more information are located at

Military Transcripts

You may be able to receive credit for your military training. Contact Kathy Oliverio, UALR Military Ombudsman, for more information at

Apply for Admission

You may apply for admission online.

Apply for Tuition Assistance (TA)

Check out of you are eligible for federal tuition assistance or state tuition assistance.

Apply for other Financial Assistance

You may apply for other financial assistance in addition to your military benefits.

UALR Class Search

To search for classes follow this link:

UALR Course Catalog

The UALR Undergraduate, Graduate, and Law School catalogs are all online.

Other VA Educational Monthly Benefits Eligibility Policies and Considerations:

  1. Chapter 30, 1606, and 1607 must request payment at the end of each month by using one of the following:
    1. By calling 1-(877)823-2378, Automated Verification of Enrollment (W.A.V.E.)
    2. Going online at Click on verify attendance (W.A.V.E.) Tab then create account and submit enrollment for payment.
  2. The Veterans Regional Office will not pay for the following:
    1. A course that does not pertain to the degree you are seeking
    2. On-line developmental (remedial) courses
    3. A course already passed at an acceptable level at UALR or any other school — (Check with your advisor: a grade of “D” may be an acceptable grade for your degree requirement.)
  3. UALR reports regularly to the Veterans Regional Office. If any of the following actions result in your having been paid more than what you are eligible for, you may have to repay the amount in excess of your eligibility:
    1. Dropped class
    2. Term withdrawal
    3. NC (no-credit) grade in a non-developmental course
    4. Non-attendance grade (grade of F)
    5. Incomplete grade that is subsequently replaced with a NC (no-credit) grade
  4. UALR also reports the following information to the Veterans Regional Office:
    1. Academic probation
    2. Suspension
    3. Graduation
  5. Undergraduate students who have 60 or more Overall Earned Hours must have a declared major by meeting with a program advisor in the major department.
  6. Post-Baccalaureate and Graduate students must have a declared major by meeting with a program advisor in the major department.