To Transfer Post 9/11 Education Benefits (TEB) to Dependents
- If Parent or Spouse Is Currently Retired AND Transferred Benefits To Dependent While On Active Duty, Go To Step A Below:
- If Parent or Spouse Is Currently On Active Duty, Follow Steps Below:
- Go to the Department of Defense (DoD) transferability application website to determine if your Dependentsâ€™ are eligible to receive the transferred benefits: defense.gov/home/features/2009/0409 gibill/.
- Apply for approval using the Department of Defense (DoD) transferability application website (Non-VA link, Internet Explorer only) at milconnect.dmdc.mil.
- After 3-4 weeks, your transfer application should be reviewed. If approved by DoD, go to Step A. to apply for a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the VA Regional Office.
Step Aâ€“ The student needs to apply for benefits on-line at vabenefits.vba.va.gov/. If 1st time user, create VONAPP account, and complete VA Form 22-1990e (Application for VA Benefits for Post 9/11 Transfer Benefits).
- The VA Regional Office will send you an email to confirm receipt of your application. Forward this email to the UALR VA Office at email@example.com with the following information listed: Name, UALR Student ID OR Last 4 of SSN, Date of Birth, Term to Enroll, and Chapter Benefit applied for.
- After 3-4 weeks, your application should be reviewed. If approved, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). The COE should be submitted to school.