University of Arkansas at Little Rock staff members were honored during the April 20 Staff Achievement Awards Ceremony at the Donaghey College of Engineering and Information Technology.
More than 160 UA Little Rock staff members celebrated work anniversaries of five, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, or 35 years.
Phyllis Poche, director of the Census State Data Center at the Institute for Economic Advancement, was honored for her landmark 45-year anniversary at UA Little Rock.
Jada Aitchison, Linda Barker, Mildred Holley, Sharon Linz, and James Wilson were recognized for their 35-year anniversaries.
Twenty people retiring from UA Little Rock were also honored at the ceremony, including Richard Anderson, Betty Alexander, Mary Bennett Baxley, Oliver Brown, Linda Burnett, Ronald Copeland, Kenneth Early, Betsy Fribert, Laura Grace, Sandra Greenwood, Michael Harper, Jesse Mason, Edwin Moore, Doris Porter, Karen Roberson, Catherine Cox Shank, Sandra Bates Slaughter, Alton Spann, Marilyn Whitfield, and James Wilson.
Twenty-three staff members earned degrees during the 2016-17 academic year, including:
- Dana Ball, master’s degree in information quality
- Devin Banks, bachelor’s degree in mass communications
- Michelle Butler, master’s degree in information quality
- Jeremy Chamberlain, Ph.D. in applied science
- Talethe Collins, bachelor’s degree in political science
- Brandon Dorse, bachelor’s degree in mass communications
- Patricia Duran, bachelor’s degree in health, human performance, and sport management
- Brenda Glover, bachelor’s degree in criminal justice
- Forrest Goss, bachelor’s degree in world languages
- William Grimmett, master’s degree in art
- Cody Henslee, master’s degree in learning systems technology
- Andrea Jefferson, bachelor’s degree in criminal justice
- Jared Lemus, bachelor’s degree in psychology
- Cindy McDonald, bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Taiquera McNeely, master’s degree in counselor education
- Victoria Rand, associate’s degree in engineering technology
- Pamela Reed, master’s degree in professional and technical writing
- Stephen Roberson, master’s degree in business information systems
- Brandon Scott, master’s degree in higher education
- Joshua Thomsen, Master of Business Administration
- Whitney Walker, bachelor’s degree in sociology
- Joshua Webb, bachelor’s degree in health, human performance, and sport management
- Belinda White, bachelor’s degree in speech communication
Sodexo, Disability Resource Center, and Mickey’s Cakes and Sweets sponsored the event, which was hosted by the UA Little Rock Staff Senate.
In the upper right photo, Judy Williams (left) and Klansee Tozer (right) from the Office of Communications and Marketing celebrate their 10-year work anniversaries at UA Little Rock.