1. Be admitted to UALR with regular or conditional admission status
and maintain a 2.0 GPA at UALR. Transfer students currently
enrolled in other universities at the time of application will be
considered for admission into the nursing program if the following
documents are on file in the UALR Office of Undergraduate
â€˘ Completed UALR application form
â€˘ Valid ACT or SAT scores, completed high school transcript or
GED scores, and official college transcripts through the previous
â€˘ Required immunization records
2. Obtain pre-admission advising from the Department of Nursing prior to
submitting an application.
3. Have successfully completed or be eligible to enroll in MATH 1302
and in RHET 1311 or their equivalents. All developmental courses
must be completed.
4. Have successfully completed or be enrolled in 4 credit hours of
Anatomy and Physiology, either BIOL 1411 Introduction to Human
Anatomy and Physiology I, BIOL 1412 Introduction to Human
Anatomy and Physiology II, or equivalent. A three hour course will
not meet this requirement.
5. Have a minimum GPA of 2.60 in required general education courses
(detailed below) and a cumulative UALR GPA of 2.00 or greater. The
GPA is based on the courses completed at the time of application.
6. Submit a completed Department of Nursing Application Form
between January 1 and February 28. Enclose a copy of all college/
university transcripts and scores for credit by examination in
required general education courses. The first group of students will
be accepted from this pool of applicants. The department continues
to accept applications after the February 28th date and will admit
additional students based on space availability.
7. Complete scheduled A2 EVOLVE Entrance Examination and request
score submission to the department or submit score report with the
8. ESL students must have TOEFL scores of 83 (internet exam),207
(computerized exam) or 540 (paper exam).
Students will initially be conditionally admitted to the nursing
program. Upon completion of the following, students will be
officially admitted to the nursing program:
â€˘ Successful completion of NURS 1300
â€˘ Submission of required documents by designated date (specified on
letter of conditional admission)
â€˘ Maintenance of required GPA (required general education course(s)
â€˘ Attendance at scheduled department orientation session