Application and Selection Process
ASN Program and BSN Program
Students who meet application requirements will be selected for entry into the nursing program based on total quality points in the Required General Education courses completed at the time of application.
Quality points and Required General Education GPA are recalculated after each semester and waiting list ranking are adjusted as indicated. Spaces that become available prior to the beginning of the initial nursing course will be filled from the waiting list.
The waiting list will not carry over to the next year; students not selected for admission must reapply each year. Documents submitted as part of the application process become the property of the Department of Nursing and will not be returned.
ASN Selection Process
Qualified applicants will be selected into the program in the following category order:
- First time entering freshmen with A2 Evolve scores greater than 70 with 36 or more earned quality points.
- Applicants with A2 Evolve scores greater than 70 with no deductions of quality points.
- Applicants with A2 Evolve scores greater than 70 with deducted quality points.
- Applicants with A2 Evolve scores less than 70 with deducted quality points.
Applicants are initially ranked by total quality points in required general education courses completed at the time of application. If more than one applicant has the same number of quality points, these applicants are ranked by grade point average (GPA) in the required general education courses. If more than one applicant has the same number of total quality points and the same grade point average (GPA) in required general education courses, applicants will be randomly ranked.
ASN Program applicant quality points are deducted for:
- academic histories indicating a pattern of course failures
- repeated general education courses
- Evolve A2 scores less than 70
Additional quality points are added for Evolve A2 scores greater than 79
Acceptance into the nursing program is competitive. Additional information is located under the ASN tab on the left of this page.
BSN Selection Process
BSN applicants are ranked by total quality points from all required general education courses.
Qualified BSN applicants who are not initially selected or who submit an application after June 1 (fall entry) or October 1 (spring entry), will be placed on the waiting list in order of the applicant’s total quality points.
BSN Program applicant quality points are deducted for:
- repeated required general education courses