Students must meet the following criteria before their first nursing course in the summer:
- Admitted to UALR and maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.6 in the AAS general education requirements
- Successful completion of College Algebra, Comp I, Comp II, PSYC or SOCI, Anatomy and Physiology I, and A&P II
- Successful completion of one of the following: Chemistry, Microbiology, US History or American Gov’t
- Submission of a Department of Nursing application form with copies of ALL college/university transcripts
- Completed advising from Department of Nursing
LPNs must hold a valid unencumbered LPN or LPTN license in the state of Arkansas or mutual state licensure recognized by the Arkansas State Board Nurse Licensure Compact or be a recent graduate of an approved LPN program.
LPN’s with less than 1000 hours of employment within 24 months of the application period AND not a recent graduate of LPN school will be required to complete the Elsevier HESI LPN-ADN Entrance Exam.
Paramedics must hold certification from the Arkansas Department of Health as a paramedic and current registration as a paramedic with the National Registry of EMTs. Paramedics must have a minimum of 1000 active paramedic hours over the last two years and are required to complete the Elsevier HESI EMS-ADN Entrance Exam.
Initially, students will be conditionally admitted to the nursing program. Upon completion of the following, students will be officially admitted:
- Submission of required documents by designated date
- Successful completion of NURS 1415 in summer term
- Maintenance of required GPA
- Attendance at scheduled department orientation sessions