The Bachelor of Science in nursing (RN to BSN) is an accelerated online completion program that offers registered nurse graduates of either an associate or a diploma program the opportunity to pursue a BSN while continuing employment. The BSN courses cover areas of health assessment, wellness promotion, economics, research, legalities, leadership, and advocacy.
Required Courses (34 hours)
Available in 12- and 18-month tracks.
Students who wish to pursue this completion program must meet the following requirements:
• Be admitted or readmitted to UALR
• Have a current, unencumbered license as a registered nurse or recent graduate of an associate or diploma RN program
• Earn grade C or better in a minimum of 12 credit hours of applicable general education courses beyond the associate or diploma
• Complete academic advising from the Department of Nursing
• Submit a completed BSN application form and copies of all college transcripts to the department
• Have access to a computer and Internet
The application deadline is 30 days prior to the first day of class for the selected term.
Exception: Nursing Health Assessment (NURS 3220 and 3230) may be completed during enrollment in the final semester of an associate degree or diploma RN program. Recent associate degree or diploma graduates may apply if evidence of NCLEX-RN test date and temporary license is provided.
BSN Degree Requirements
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing is a 125 credit hour degree. No minor or second language proficiency is required. The online RN to BSN completion program builds on the curriculum foundation of the core Registered Nurse program and is designed to be completed in either 12 or 18 months while allowing for full- or part-time employment as a registered nurse.
Please note: Completion of general education courses prior to entering the program may effect graduation timelines.
The full BSN program requires:
- PEAW 1300 First Year Colloquium
- AAS Required General Education Courses (31 credits)– available partially online
- Required AAS Nursing Courses (34 credits) OR a valid, unencumbered RN license
- BSN Required General Education Courses (26 credits)– available online
- Required Upper-Level Nursing Courses (34 credits)– available online, 12- or 18-month tracks
Jon Vickers | 501.569.8070 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Nursing Academic Counselor
UALR is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, affiliated with the Electronic Campus of the Southern Regional Education Board, and designated as “doctoral/research intensive” by the Carnegie Foundation.
UALR makes every effort to meet special accommodation and access needs. For information on specific accommodations for individuals with disabilities, you may contact the department sponsoring the class you wish to attend, call eLearning at 501.569.3003, or the Office of Disability Support Services at 501.569.3143. The Disability Support Services website,ualr.edu/disability/, provides information about the accommodation process and online forms to apply for services.
- Cost per credit hour: $280