|University of Arkansas at Little Rock|
|Policy Name: University Vehicles|
|Policy Number: 304.1|
|Effective Date: April 23, 2010|
University vehicles may be used for official business within the limit of availability. A requisition, separate from the travel requisition, must be submitted through regular administrative offices to use a university-owned vehicle. Each vehicle is equipped with a set of rules and regulations with which the driver should become familiar before starting a trip. They cover such things as purchasing gas and oil, repairs, and what to do in case of an accident.
When students are transported to university-sponsored events using university vehicles, the names of the students and their student identification numbers must be submitted to the Office of Finance and Administration for insurance purposes.
University vehicles may be reserved by calling the UA Little Rock Facilities Management Office at 501.569.3390 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday or by e-mailing the request to rentalvehicles-L@ualr.edu.
Please provide the following information to the reservation desk when calling or e-mailing your request:
- Driver’s name
- Date(s) for vehicle request
- Type of vehicle (van, sedan, station wagon, pick-up)
- Department name
- UA Little Rock account (FOAPAL)
- Destination of vehicle
- Special request (removal of seats, etc.)
- Name and email address of person responsible for receiving invoice and/or department contact for questions regarding reservation request
Disclosure Statement: As with any vehicle, please note that maintenance/service/replacement issues sometimes become a factor in availability and use. All vehicles in the university’s vehicle fleet are subject to availability and may be removed from the fleet at any time. If such should occur following a department’s receipt of rental confirmation and/or checkout of vehicle, the reservation staff will contact the department immediately and provide them with other vehicle rental options.
Vehicle cancellations should be made as soon as possible. If the vehicle is not canceled or picked up on the date of scheduled rental, a minimum one-day rental charge will be applied to the reserving department’s account.
Vehicle Check-Out Procedure
University vehicle(s) may be checked out from the reservation desk located in the Facilities Management Office (Facilities Management Room 201) between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
Driver Criteria for University Vehicles
- To drive a university vehicle, the driver must be 18 years-of-age or older with a valid driver’s license and be attending or employed by the university.
- All drivers of university vehicles must complete a Driver Authorization Form prior to vehicle use. The form should be delivered to the Office of Finance and Administration for processing. Once approved, a copy will be forwarded to Facilities Management. Per university requirements, this form must be completed ten days prior to vehicle use.
- Students that drive university vehicles must have authorization in writing from all of the following: Campus Life/Student Organization (form available at the Office of Campus Life) and the UA Little Rock faculty sponsor. A copy of the authorization form should be given to Facilities Management when a vehicle is reserved.
Vehicle Credit Card Use
Vehicle credit cards are available for use with university fleet vehicles only. State procurement policy states that cards cannot be used with any other vehicle(s). Violation of this policy will not be tolerated. Drivers who purchase gas for any vehicle on official business with a personal credit card will need to file a reimbursement claim form in order to be reimbursed by their department. A listing of voyager service locations will be given to the rental customer upon vehicle checkout. All credit cards and receipts are to be returned with the vehicle.
If a vehicle credit card is lost or stolen, please report it immediately to the credit card company by calling 1.800.987.6591. A lost or stolen credit card report will also need to be filed with Facilities Management upon return of the vehicle.
Vehicles returned during normal working hours should be returned for check in by the Motor Pool Office (located on the east side of the motor pool compound). After hours and on weekends, rental vehicles can be returned to Lot #6, spaces 611-616. Vehicle keys, credit cards and receipts should be placed in the gate lockbox.
Vehicle Rental Rates
A variety of vehicles are available from the motor pool for rental:
- Station Wagons
- Cargo Vans
- Passenger Vans
Equipment rates and their requirements are delineated on Facilities Management’s website.
Vehicle Accident or Breakdown
In the event of a vehicle accident or breakdown, please abide by the following procedures:
- In the event of an accident, contact 911 immediately to report the accident to the proper authorities and to file a police report.
- Contact the university’s insurance provider with information on the card located in the vehicle’s glove compartment.
- If the incident occurred during weekday hours, contact the Facilities Management’s Motor Pool manager at 501.569.3390; otherwise, call the Department of Public Safety (DPS) at 501.569.3400. DPS will connect you to the appropriate personnel for further assistance and instructions.
- If towing is required, emergency towing services are available through Voyager Fleet Card Services. These services require approval by either the assistant director of building operations or the director of Facilities Management. Once approval has been attained, call the number located on the back of the provided Voyager Fleet card for customer service, and they will locate a service to assist you.
- Upon returning to the university, complete a Motor Vehicle Accident Report, and submit it to the Office of Finance and Administration.
Source: UA Little Rock Employee Handbooks & Facilities Management Website
Approved By: Bob Adams, VCFA, April 23, 2010
Custodian: Office of Finance and Administration