|University of Arkansas at Little Rock|
|Policy Name: Class Scheduling Guidelines|
|Policy Number: 605.1|
|Effective Date: November 27, 2017|
In order to facilitate usage of classrooms and allow students to create meaningful schedules, all classes that use classrooms on the University of Arkansas at Little Rock main campus must adhere to the defined class blocks. Classes which do not use classrooms on the main campus may develop start times and class blocks that suit their clienteles.
Classes must be scheduled to start at the start time, but may end any time before the end of the class block and may use any of the days in the class block. Any class in which a portion of the class will extend across multiple class blocks requires approval of the department chair (or equivalent) or designee with notifications to the Registrar.
- The start time for MWF morning classes shall be 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, and 11:00. The class block shall be 50 minutes long.
- The start times for MWF afternoon classes shall be 12:15, 1:40, 3:05, and 4:30. The class block shall be 75 minutes long.
- The start times for MW evening classes and TR evening classes shall be 6:00, 7:25, and 8:50. The class block shall be 75 minutes long.
- The start time for TR classes shall be 8:00, 9:25, 10:50, 12:15, 1:40, 3:05, and 4:30. The class block shall be 75 minutes long.
- The start time for single-day evening classes (M, T, W, R) shall be 4:30, 6:00, and 7:25. The class block shall be 160 minutes long.
Monitoring of Policy
The Registrar’s Office offers annual mandatory training for all campus schedulers and produces audit reports distributed to the dean of each college, or the dean’s designee, assuring conformity to course scheduling guidelines.
Source: Faculty Senate
Revised: July 1986; January 1995; January 1996; February 2004; March 14, 2017; November 27, 2017
Approved By: Chancellor Andrew Rogerson, March 13, 2017
Custodian: Office of Records and Registration