|University of Arkansas at Little Rock|
|Policy Name: Eye Protection Requirements|
|Policy Number: 701.13|
|Effective Date: November 17, 1975|
Act 48 of the 1965 General Assembly of the State of Arkansas requires that all students and teachers shall wear eye protective devices when participating in:
- Vocational or industrial arts shops or laboratories involving experience with:
- Hot molten metals;
- Milling, sawing, turning, shaping, cutting, grinding, or stamping of any solid materials;
- Heat treatment, tempering or kiln firing of any metal or other materials;
- Gas or electric arc welding; and
- Caustic or explosive materials.
- Chemical or combined chemical-physical laboratories involving caustic or explosive chemicals or hot liquids or solids.
Deans, department heads, and faculty are responsible for courses in which eye protective devices are required will exercise the supervision needed to insure compliance with the law.
Source: University-wide Administrative Memo, November 17, 1975
Approved By: Environmental Health and Safety
Custodian: Environmental Health and Safety Committee