|University of Arkansas at Little Rock|
|Policy Name: Hazard Communication|
|Policy Number: 702.20|
|Effective Date: September 25, 2008|
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UALR) endeavors to:
- Protect the health and safety of UALR faculty, staff, and students.
- Provide safe work practices (academic, research, and administrative) for faculty, staff, and students.
- Provide information to faculty, staff, and students about health and safety hazards.
- Identify and correct health and safety hazards and encourage faculty, staff, and student to report hazards.
- Provide information and safeguards for those on campus and in the surrounding community regarding environmental hazards arising from operations at UALR.
To fulfill this university policy and to comply with the Occupational Safety and Health Administrative (OSHA) regulation 1910.1200, as amended in 2012, a Hazard Communication Program has been developed to communicate information about workplace hazards. Components of the program include adequate labeling of hazardous substances, providing information such as Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for hazardous substances, and training employees about chemical hazards in the workplace.
The Hazard Communication Program can be viewed on the Facilities Management website at: http://ualr.edu/facilities/uploads/2009/01/Hazardous%20Communication%20Program.pdf.
Source: Environmental Health and Safety
Revised: May 2013
Approved By: Environmental Health and Safety Committee
Custodian: Environmental Health and Safety Department