|University of Arkansas at Little Rock|
|Policy Name: Grievance Procedures – Employment Practices (Classified/Non-Faculty)|
|Policy Number: 402.7|
|Effective Date: January 21, 2014|
An employee may file a grievance or enter into the dispute resolution process on matters associated with the employee’s employment relationship with the university. The grievance policy is designed to address complaints and disputes between the employee and the university over work relationships, working conditions, employment practices, or differences in interpretation of policies. The grievance policy applies to regular, benefit eligible classified and non-classified (non-faculty) employees.
The following matters can be grieved under this policy:
- Overall “unsatisfactory” performance evaluations;
- Disciplinary actions due to misapplication or misinterpretation of policies (does not include employee counseling notices); and
- Terminations of employment.
Employment matters which cannot be grieved under this policy:
- Management decisions as they relate to wages, promotions, demotions, position assignments, or other decisions based on business needs;
- Disciplinary actions based on falsification of documents; and
- Termination of employment in accordance with UA Board Policy 405.4.
Any allegation of discrimination, harassment, or retaliation should be filed under the university policies covering discrimination and harassment.
Source: Initial Policy (supersedes all classified and non-classified [non-faculty] grievance policies and procedures)
Approved By: Dr. Joel Anderson, Chancellor
Custodian: Human Resources