Curriculum Change Forms
The following are forms that were developed in a collaborative effort by both the Undergraduate Council and Graduate Councils. The desire is to create a user friendly form, so please email any suggestions for improvement to Kathy Oliverio.
- Curriculum Change Form
This is a multi-use form for adding new courses, changing existing courses, or deleting existing courses. Instructions are included on pages 3 - 5.
- Advance Notice Form
This form is used for preliminary reactions and evaluations of proposed new programs.
- Program Change Form
This is a multi-use form for adding a new program, changing existing programs, or deleting existing programs.
Note: Departments proposing program actions that require UA Board of Trustees and Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board approval MUST submit a Program Change Form and the appropriate Letter of Notification or Letter of Intent to the Council.
Step 1: Originating person:
- Did you consult with your college’s representative to the Undergraduate Council for input?This person will be the most knowledgeable on what the Council looks for in reviewing requests.
- Have you used the latest version (Current as of 8/2008) of the CCF form as it appears on this web page?
- Do you need to include a syllabus? (Undergraduate syllabi are not required. Graduate CCFs should be accompanied by course syllabus.)
- new course,
- cross-listing or dual-listing a course,
- a change in the level or the number of credit hours,
- in some cases, a copy of the old syllabus and also the new syllabus must be attached.
- Is the course description concise and accurate?
- Is there an accurate grading scale?
- For dual-listing UG/Grad course, you need a clear statement of the difference in requirements between undergraduate and graduate students.
- Is the current disability statement included?
The following curriculum changes need a sample syllabus attached to the CCF:
These syllabus items will receive particular attention:
Step 2: Department chair:
- Has the correct curriculum change form been prepared? (Y/N)
- Have the prerequisites been thoroughly explained? (Y/N)
- Course numbers cannot be reused. Is this a new number? (Y/N)
- Is a similar course being offered through another department or college? (Y/N)
- Are (permanent) department resources for offering this course in place? (Y/N)
Step 3: College curriculum committee discussion and approval:
If your college has a separate UG/Grad curriculum committee, has the issue been discussed in both committees? (Y/N).
Step 4: College assessment committee action (when appropriate):
Step 5: College dean’s signature: (for the college)
Step 6: SEND ALL COMPLETED CCFs (GRADUATE AND UNDERGRADUATE) TO THE PROVOST OFFICE FOR APPROPRIATE TRACKING AND ROUTING.