Globalinks Learning Abroad is an international program provider that seeks to build new and strong relationships among students in North America, with students in other parts of the world by studying, interning and working abroad.
The Globalinks website lists 10 Reasons to Intern Abroad:
1) Make your Resume Stand Out
2) Discover a New Country
3) Receive Academic Credit
4) Expand your Global Network
5) Improve your Language Skills or Learn a New Language
6) Develop your Interpersonal Skills
7) Gain Confidence
8) Prove you can take Initiative
9) Develop a Global Perspective and Understanding
10) It’s an Experience you will never Forget!
In order to encourage more students to intern abroad, Globalinks is offering $1000 scholarships for their internship abroad programs. Students that apply for the scholarship must participant in the Globalinks Internship Program, currently be enrolled in a US or Canadian university, maintain a 3.0GPA, and agree to submitting blog entries while abroad.
- Summer internship programs - April 30, 2012
- Fall internship programs - July 31, 2012
If this program interests you, please visit the Globalinks Learning Abroad website for more information; www.globalinksabroad.org/