Scholarships & Aid
Below you will find updated information on scholarships available to apply for to assist with the costs of studying abroad. For information on Financial Aid and Study Abroad - click here.
- Institute of International Education Study Abroad Scholarships: This directory features detailed descriptions of hundreds of study abroad scholarships, fellowships, grants, and paid internships for U.S. undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate students, and professionals
- Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship Program: for pell grant recipients.
- Fund for Education Abroad Scholarship: Scholarships will be up to $5,000 per semester and are not limited to specific programs, destinations, or fields of study. FEA will award funds for students planning to study abroad on academically rigorous programs with a preference for underrepresented students.
- Global Studies Foundation:designed to support foreign language training and other academic studies abroad.
- Phi Kappa Phi Scholarship: for students with a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- LIVfund Scholarship: The scholarship competition is open to anyone over the age of 18 interested in learning, interning or volunteering abroad in Latin America.
- TUSA Scholarship: Ambassador Summer Scholarship Program in Taiwan - No language requirement. 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Diversity Abroad Achievement Scholarship – offered by AIFS: Scholarships are only available for students participating in a study, intern, volunteer or language immersion program abroad offered by a DiversityAbroad.com partner organization . Economically disadvantaged students, African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic/Latino and Native-American students are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Middle Eastern Studies Grant: for students interested in studying or researching in the any Middle Eastern Countries. Deadline: November 1st
- TALK: Teach and Learn in Korea: funds 300 TaLK Scholars each semester to teach conversational English in rural Korean elementary schools. The program provides a 1-month orientation for the TaLK Scholars in addition to round-trip airfare, a settling-in allowance, a monthly living stipend of approximately $1,300, health insurance and organized trips to historical locations in Korea.
- DAAD Scholarships: for undergraduate, graduate, and other scholars interested in Germany and transatlantic cooperation.
- Freeman Asia Scholarship: for students who demonstrate financial need to study abroad in East or Southeast Asia.
- China Scholarship Council and Hanban Confucius Institute: for students interested in studying the Chinese language.
- Critical Language Program Scholarships: If you are interested in studying Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Turkish, or other critical languages, please click on the link to find out more about scholarships available.
- BUTEX - North American Scholarship (United Kingdom):for students interested in Northumbria University (UALR Exchange Partner) or other BUTEX affiliated schools in the UK.
- Study in Japan Government Scholarships: The sponsor offers funding for undergraduate students who wish to study at Japanese universities.
- Study Abroad in Japan-Bridging Scholarships: for students interested in studying abroad in Japan - no language proficiency required.
- Turkish Coalition of America Study Abroad Scholarship for American Minority Students: for minority students who have been accepted to a University in Turkey.
- CEA Global Education Program Scholarships: for students interested in a CEA program abroad.
- Fellowship Opportunity in Germany - no language required: To find out more, click on the link - www.cbyx.info
- US Department of State Student Programs: internships and fellowships abroad for students interested in the field of public service.
- Globalinks Internship Scholarship - only eligible with a Globalinks Internship Program, 3.0 GPA requirement, must submit blog entries while abroad.
- Guide to Financial Aid
- Study Abroad Scholarship Database
- Database for Undergraduate Scholarships and Graduate Fellowships for Study Abroad
- Vistawide Scholarship Database for Language Studies Abroad
- Fulbright Scholarship Program
- United Negro College Fund
- Hispanic College Fund
- Internship Scholarships for Muslim American Students
- King Olav V Norwegian-American Heritage Fund
- Boren Awards
- Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship
- Student Gateway to the US Government
- US College Grants & Scholarships
- Transitions Abroad
- Institute of International Education
- Info about private loans
- Sallie Mae Private Student Loans
- Higher Ed Loans
- Act Education Loans
- Upromise Loans
- Astrive Student Loans
- College Loan Corporation
Research Additional Scholarship Opportunities Below
Below you can find information about available financial aid and scholarships. This list is by no means exhaustive! If you find a great link that we have missed, let us know and we will add it to our page. For more information about UALR scholarships please go to www.ualr.edu/privatescholarships.
It is also possible to take out private education loans, though this should only be done if all other sources of funding are exhausted. A few providers are listed below, though there are many more. If this is an option you would like to pursue, it is also a good idea to contact your bank to find out their rates, policies, and availability.