Thinking of Withdrawing?
If you are considering withdrawing from or changing your study abroad program, please contact the Programs Abroad Office. We will do what we can to assist you if you are dissatisfied with your program or update our records if you have engaged in a new program.
If there are no alternatives for you other than withdrawal, notify our office so that we may assist you with this process.
- Some things to consider regarding withdrawal from study abroad:
- Review your payment agreement with the study abroad provider to determine if you are eligible for a refund. Will you lose your deposits?
- Are you currently using federal financial aid to pay for your program? You may have to repay your financial aid award if you withdraw from the program.
- Do you have any scholarships that require you maintain a certain number of hours each semester? If you withdraw from study abroad you will not earn any credits. Will this affect your scholarship eligibility for the next semester?
- Have you discussed your decision with your parents, spouse, and/or advisor? Give your decision some time. You may be going through a difficult phase of culture shock. If you are experiencing serious problems with your program, please contact our office. We can help you communicate with the study abroad program administrators and if withdrawal is necessary we will do what we can to minimize the financial damage.
- If you choose to withdraw from a program for any reason & at any time, notify the Programs Abroad Office immediately.
If you are withdrawing from a UALR study abroad program, please send your notification of withdrawal in writing at your earliest convenience. If a refund is applicable, it will be based on the date we receive your written notification of withdrawal. Please refer to your payment agreement for refund policy.