Join UALR’s Psi Chi Chapter
Membership in Psi Chi is open to those who are making the study of psychology one of their major interests and who are students or faculty members in an institution where a chapter is located (such as UALR). Both undergraduate and graduate students who have registered for major or minor standing in psychology or for a program psychological in nature may be eligible for membership if other requirements are fulfilled.
- Eligibility for undergraduates includes:
- Completion of 3 semesters or 5 quarters of the college course
- Completion of 9 semester hours or 14 quarter hours of psychology courses
- Ranking in the top 35% of their class in general scholarship
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in both psychology classes and in cumulative grades
- Eligibility for graduate students includes:
- Minimum overall cumulative average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in all graduate courses
Students and faculty are elected to membership by the chapter at the institution, according to the provisions in the national Psi Chi Constitution. Any chapter, at its discretion, may establish higher academic standards for eligibility, but may not require service standards for eligibility. Membership in Psi Chi is open to qualified candidates of any age, sex, sexual orientation, race, handicap or disability, color, religion, and national and ethnic origin.
Now, are you ready to become a member?
Your first step is to contact the faculty advisor Robert Hines, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org or (501) 569-3171