Institute on Race and Ethnicity invites members of the UALR campus and greater community to join us in our mission of seeking racial and ethnic justice in Arkansas.
- Learn about race relations.
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with others.
- Network with professionals and thought leaders.
- Develop marketable skills and uncover hidden talents.
What Kind of Events and Programs?
To date the Institute has produced numerous events and programs, but none of them would have been possible without the help and support of our volunteers.
Throughout the year, the Institute often partners with other UALR departments and community organizations to produce public programming through:
Campus and Community Events
- Conferences and presentations on the annual racial attitudes survey findings
- Celebrations of historical civil rights events
- Media: KUAR Radio and University Television original programming and broadcasting of Institute-related events, research, speakers, and panels Institute website and social media
- Speaker series – prominent, thought-provoking, like social activist Angela Davis and Little Rock Nine member Dr. Terrence Roberts.
- Conferences, seminars, workshops on racial and ethnic topics, often in partnership with other organizations
I have more questions. Who should I contact?
We are happy to answers your questions about volunteer opportunities and Institute programs. For more information, contact Tamisha Cheatham or call our office at 501.569.8932.