Dropping a Course
When you remove one or more (but not all) courses from your academic schedule you are dropping a course. If you drop after the late registration period you will receive a grade of “W” for the course.
There is a deadline to drop an individual course during the semester. There is also a period of time that you can receive a refund for dropping. You can find these important dates by viewing the semester calendar located on the menu to the left.
When you remove all of the courses from your academic schedule you are withdrawing from the semester. You will receive a grade of “W” for the final course you withdraw from during the late registration period and for all courses you withdraw from after the late registration period has ended.
There is a deadline to withdraw from the semester. There is also a period of time that you can receive a refund for withdrawing. You can find these important dates by viewing the semester calendar located on the menu to the left.
How to Drop/Withdraw
Regardless of whether you wish to drop or withdraw from your classes you will need to do one of the following:
- Come to the Office of Records and Registration, in Student Services Center 218, and make your request personally
- Fax a signed Drop/Withdraw form to: 501.569.8168
- Mail a signed Drop/Withdraw form to:
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Attn: Records and Registration
2801 South University Avenue
Little Rock, AR 72204-1099
- By email: email@example.com
- Drop your course online. You have until the last day of late registration to drop a course online. To determine this date please refer the semester calendar located on the menu to the left. Please Note: You can drop all but your final course in this manner. In order to drop a course online you will need to:
- Log into your BOSS account
- Read the Important Dates page and click the Click here to continue… link
- Select Student Services from the options given
- Click the Registration link from the menu
- Click the Add/Drop Classes link from the menu
- Select Drop from the drop-down menu next to the course(s) you wish to drop
- Click the Submit Changes button at the bottom of the page
(printed and signed drop/withdraw form request must be scanned and attached to email)
Dropping or withdrawing can impact your financial aid. To determine exactly how it could effect your aid you should contact the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid.