Skip to the page content Skip to primary navigation Skip to the search form Skip to the audience-based navigation Skip to the site tools and log-in Information about website accessibility

Student Records

Name Change

U.S. Citizens: In order to comply with a number of government agency reporting requirements, the University must record the student’s name as it appears on his or her social security card. Students who need to change their names in UALR’s records must complete a name change form (available at the Office of Records and Registration) and present a social security card and picture identification when submitting the form. After the change is implemented, the name on the UALR transcript and all other documents will read as printed on the social security card. If the social security card is incorrect, students must change their records with the Social Security Administration Office first. No changes will be made to the UALR record until a new Social Security Card is issued and presented to Records and Registration personnel.
International Students: International students who need to change their names in UALR’s records should consult with the Registrar, who will specify appropriate documentation.

Updated 9.3.2013