Common Registration Errors
Advising Flag: You must be advised to have this flag removed. Information about Academic Advising can be found at: http://ualr.edu/advising/
Link Error: You must be registered in both a lecture and a lab for a particular course. Some common examples of this error are found here. To resolve this you must do one of the following:
- If you are registering by using the Register/Search for classes method then you must adjust your schedule so that you are able to place a checkmark in both courses, click the Register button at the bottom of the page and successfully enroll in both courses at the same time.
- If you are registering by way of the Add/Drop Classes screen then you must adjust your schedule in such a way that you are able to place the CRN of both the lab and lecture portion of your course in two, separate boxes in the Add Courses area at the bottom of the screen, click on Submit Changes and successfully enroll in both courses at the same time.
Time Conflict: The course you are attempting to enroll meets at the same time as another course in which you are enrolled. You will need to make adjustments to your schedule if you want to register for this new course.
No Timeticket: You are not able to register at this time. This could mean one of three things:
- You may not be fully admitted to the University.
- Registration was closed to you at that time. This could be because the system as a whole was unavailable for registration or due to your student type you must wait until a certain date to register. Example: During priority registration only returning students may register. First time students, even if fully admitted, must wait until their time to register. Until that time arrives they have no time ticket.
- If you are a first-time or returning student check the term on your admission application. You cannot register for courses in a term that occurs before the term on your admission application. (Example: If you applied for the Fall then you cannot register for Summer courses.) To correct this you will need to make adjustments to your admission application. More information about admissions applications can be found here: http://ualr.edu/advising/
Level Restriction: You must be of the appropriate level to take this course. For example: Graduates may not take Undergraduate level courses. Undergraduates or Post-Baccalaureates may not take Graduate level courses. In order to take a course whose level is outside yours you must speak with the Graduate school. Post-Baccalaureates who receive this error while attempting to take an Undergraduate course should call the Office of Records and Registration.
Classification (Class) Restriction: If you are an Undergraduate you must be of the appropriate class to take certain courses. A Freshman may not take certain Sophomore, Junior or Senior level courses. Sophomores may not take certain Junior or Senior level courses. Juniors may not take certain Senior level courses. In order to take a course outside of your class you must contact the department offering the class to obtain permission to take this course.
Prerequisite (PreReq)/Test Score: You may not take a course that has a prerequisite if you have not fulfilled, either by successfully completing or testing out of, that course’s prerequisites. If you feel you have met all of the prerequisites for a course you may contact the department offering the course you wish to take.
Duplicate CRN: If you receive this error contact the Office of Records and Registration.