Registering for Courses
Once you have successfully logged into your BOSS account, choose the Student Services option from the menu. This will take you to a page with numerous, student related options.
From there, choose the Registration option from the menu. This will bring you to the registration page which will provide you with a registration focused menu.
From this page you will choose Register/Search for Classes. The system will ask you to specify which term you would like to register for. Once you choose the appropriate term you will be brought to the class search page.
Choose your subject from the list provided and click the Course Search button.
A list of courses should appear at this point. You will need to click on the View Sections button next to the course that you are interested in registering for in order to view all of the available meeting times for that course.
As you review the meeting times for your course, you should look to the left of each class and check for the following:
- A checkbox: This means that you can register for this course.
- C: Closed. All available seats have been taken.
- NR: No Registration. Registration is currently not available at this time.
- SR: Student Restriction. You may not register for any courses until certain issues are resolved. Choose the View Registration Status option from the bottom of the page to find out the status of your account.
- Nothing: You are currently registered for this course.
You will need to click on the checkbox of the classe(s) that you want to take. You will then go to the bottom of the page and click on the Register button.
Some things to note:
- Depending on your screensize there may be information to the right of the page that you cannot see without scrolling.
- Web-based courses have a building designation of “Web” and Benton courses have a building designation of “BNTN”. Courses offered in these locations are typically last in the list of meeting times. This information is usually to the far right of your screen.
- Some courses have both a lecture and a lab that must be taken during the same semester. To register for these types of course, you will need to place a check next to both classes before you click on the Register button.