What is this application?
The Immigration Review application is the second step in requesting to bring an international scholar to UALR to do research. After it is submitted, it will be reviewed by UALR International Services, who will notify the international scholar and the hosting UALR faculty member if it is approved.
When should this application be filled out?
After the Academic Review application is submitted and approved.
Who should fill it out?
The hosting UALR faculty member or a UALR representative for the hosting faculty member. The international scholar may not fill it out.
What does the application require?
Before beginning the application, the UALR faculty member or point of contact must work closely with the proposed international scholar to gather the following information and documents.
- The UALR department, chair, and dean that will host the international scholar
- Scholar’s first and last name
- Scholar’s email address
- The highest level of education that the scholar has received
- Scholar’s field of study
- A 2-3 sentence program objective for the scholar’s time at UALR
- How the scholar will be supervised at UALR
- The estimated number of hours that the scholar will work at UALR per week
- When the visitor’s J program will begin and end. The J program refers to his/her research period at UALR, not travel dates.
- Whether the scholar will be a student intern, a research scholar, a professor, or a short term scholar who will primarily be lecturing, consulting, or attending seminar/conference/study tours.
- Whether any dependents will be accompanying the scholar.
- Proof(s) of English proficiency–either TOEFL/IELTS scores, two completed English Language Proficiency Assessment forms, or proof of at least two years of attendance at a U.S. academic institution
- Financial support documentation
- Completed Statement of Compliance with Exchange Visitor Health Insurance Requirements form
- Any dependents’ passport ID pages not submitted with the Academic Review application