Majors, minors, and graduate students in Professional and Technical Writing are encouraged to supplement their coursework with writing experience in workplace settings.

Workplace internship opportunities are available each semester. If you are accepted for an internship, you can earn three hours of credit toward your major, minor, or master’s degree by registering for RHET 4191/4291 (for undergrads) or RHET 7360 (for grads). Some internships also pay students an hourly wage or a stipend upon completion of the semester. For more information contact Dr. David Fisher (Ā For moreĀ informationĀ on credit-bearing internships, unpaid internships in the University Writing Center,Ā contact Dr. Allison Holland (

Employers: For information about what Professional and Technical Writing interns can do for your company and for details about how to arrange an internship, contact Dr. David Fisher.