Each year the Little Rock Writing Project brings together successful teachers from all levels of instruction—elementary through college—and from across the academic disciplines for an intensive, four-week Invitational Summer Institute. The aims of the institute are as follows:
- To help participants broaden and deepen their knowledge of writing theory and practice;
- To give participants an opportunity to demonstrate their best practices in teaching writing;
- To give participants an opportunity to write and to share their writing;
- To prepare “teacher-consultants” who can teach approaches to writing instruction to other teachers.
Participants can choose to enroll for 3 or 6 graduate credit hours for the Invitational Summer Institute. Scholarships are available.
- The dates for next year’s Invitational Summer Institute are June 22 – July 3, 2015.
- Applications (located below) and a letter of recommendation from a supervisor or a colleague (submitted to Heather Hummel firstname.lastname@example.org) are due February 28.
- Once complete, applications are reviewed and interviews scheduled.
- Applicants are strongly advised not to wait for the deadline, but to complete their applications as early as possible.
Heather Hummel, Director
Little Rock Writing Project
Department of Rhetoric and Writing
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
2801 S. University Ave.
Little Rock, Ar 72204