Seventeenth-Century Literature 4328/5328
Roslyn L. Knutson, Professor, UALR
1. Syllabus; Take-home prose style exercise; handout on the "culture" paper; handout on the "pedagogy" paper
2. Duplicates of Talking Points (poetry) presented in class; Talking Points (prose)
3. General handouts: Numerology, Dates, Lunatic Fringe, Style (Lyly, Shakespeare, Hemingway)
4. Poems not in your texts but available on the Web as well as by handouts:
b. Death Elegies (see also"burials"):
c. Love Elegies:
- Jonson, Ben "On the Famous Voyage" & "The Voyage Itself"
e. Lyric Forms: Blazon
- Sidney, Sir Philip "What Tongue can her Perfections Tell"
- Spenser, Edmund Sonnet #15 ("Ye tradefull Merchants")
- Suckling, Sir John "The Deformed Mistress"
Fairy Poems: Herrick, Robert "Oberon's Feast," "The Hag"
- Herbert, George: Selected Poems from The Temple
5. Prose Selections not in your text but available on the Web: