In the event evacuation of any part of the campus is necessary, the campus community will be informed of the area(s) to avoid with the campus emergency notification system. First responders will determine the safest route.
- It is important that their instructions as well as the directives relayed via the emergency notification system be followed.
- Do not try to reenter an area that has been evacuated until the all clear has been given.
- You may not be able to retrieve your automobile or other belongings for an extended period of time.
Transportation of persons shall be coordinated with appropriate Department of Public Safety (DPS), Facilities Management, and Student Services personnel for the purpose of evacuation and relocation of persons threatened by or displaced by the emergency event. A temporary shelter will be selected if needed. Coordination for assistance, equipment, and supplies will be determined at the relocation site as required.
Find out about Evacuation/Refuge Plan for Persons with Disabilities.
Learn more about additional procedures for Student Housing.
Immediate medical assistance shall be requested for injured persons. If mass injuries have occurred, the City of Little Rock Disaster Plan will be activated.
The primary responsibility for the protection of property, assessment of damage, and restoration of normal operations shall be given to the appropriate university service unit, including:
- Facilities Management:
- Coordinates all services for the restoration of electrical, plumbing, heating, and other support systems as well as structural integrity. Assesses damage and makes a prognosis for occupancy of the structure affected by the disaster. Manages periods of minimal building occupancy.
- Computing Services:
- Coordinates support for data processing resources at the main data center and the designated recovery sites; provides alternate voice and data communications capability in the event normal telecommunication lines and equipment are disrupted by the disaster. Evaluates the requirements and selects appropriate means of backing up the telecommunications network.
- Department of Public Safety:
- Provides safety and security for people and facilities, as well as emergency support to affected areas, and notification mechanisms for problems that are or could be emergency events. Extends a security perimeter around the functional area affected by the event.