The International Student Award is given to outstanding international students who have been nominated by a UA Little Rock faculty member. Students are not required to submit application or other materials as decisions will be based solely on the faculty nomination.
The award waives the out-of-state portion of tuition up to 15 credit hours for undergraduate students and up to 9 credit hours for graduate students per semester.
Eligibility Requirements – effective fall 2017
- New entering International student (continuing students are not eligible)
- Submitted an admissions application for the fall semester into a degree seeking program (certificate programs are not eligible). Must be fully admitted into degree program by August 1st.
- Academic accomplishment will be considered
- Recommending UA Little Rock Faculty member must complete nomination form
- The priority deadline to submit a nomination form is May 1st. The final deadline is May 15th. All requirements must be completed and submitted by May 15th.
- Awarded students must enroll full-time for the fall 2017 semester, defined as 9 semester credit hours for graduate students and 15 semester credit hours for undergraduates. Enrollment in required hours is confirmed at the end of late registration
- Students must be enrolled in courses required for their degree program
No scholarship awards are available for students beginning in the spring or summer semester.
This award requires your full-time enrollment at UA Little Rock for each semester covered by the scholarship. Undergraduate students must enroll in and complete 15 hours in both fall and spring semesters, maintain a 3.00 cumulative GPA, and earn satisfactory academic progress at the end of each spring semester. Graduate students must be admitted to an eligible program, enroll in and complete 9 hours in both fall and spring semesters, maintain a 3.00 cumulative GPA, and successfully complete 75% of attempted hours.
Students must be seeking first undergraduate or graduate degree (Law school students are not eligible) and must satisfy UA Little Rock’s English Language Proficiency expectations if first language is not English.
The International Award may be renewed for a maximum of 4 years (eight semesters) for undergraduate students or two years (4 semesters) for graduate students or until degree completion.
Information for UA Little Rock faculty
Funding for this scholarship program is limited and the process is competitive. In the event that faculty nominations exceed available funding, award decisions will be made based on the faculty recommendation letter. The nomination should give a perspective on the student’s strengths, abilities, and accomplishments. In addition, in order to fairly allocate all academic programs’ equal share in scholarship funding, the number of awards for each program may be capped.
The nomination form must be completed by a UA Little Rock faculty member.