Congratulations! You have been selected as a scholarship recipient and will be receiving a monetary gift from an individual, corporation, or family. It’s imperative that you thank your donor. Expressing gratitude for a donor’s generosity serves a dual purpose. It provides you an opportunity to share your excitement with the donor of the gift and that expression becomes a treasure for the donor.
Guidelines & Requirements:
- Letters must be typed.
- A one‐page letter is appropriate.
- Include all of the elements of a letter: date, your name, your return address, salutation, body, closing, and handwritten signature.
- Address your letter to the donor or relative of the donor that is listed in your award letter. Please address him or her as Dr., Mr., Mrs., or Ms., and spell his or her name correctly.
- If there is more than one donor or relative of the donor listed, you will need to submit a separate letter for each donor.
- Mention the scholarship by name in your introduction and spell it as it appears in your award letter.
- Have someone else proofread your letter to check for spelling and grammatical errors.
Content Suggestions & Ideas:
- Tell your donor a bit about yourself. You might include your hometown, high school, family background, and/or reasons for choosing UA Little Rock.
- Describe your experience at UA Little Rock. You might include your class year, major, campus and community activities, and/or leadership experiences.
- Discuss your future plans. You might include what you hope to accomplish while at UA Little Rock, an expected graduation date, your career goals, and/or how you plan to utilize your degree.
- Express your gratitude for the scholarship. Tell your donor what this scholarship means to you and how it will help you. Be sincere and express your gratitude warmly.
DO NOT copy thank you letters from any website or your friends. You have been given a gift, so thank your donor sincerely and from the heart.
Due Date & Processing:
- All thank you letters are due to the Office of Financial Aid by the date specified in your award letter.
- If approved, letters will be forwarded to the donor.
- If letter has spelling, grammatical errors, or does not meet requirements listed above; it will be returned to you to be rewritten.
- Final thank you letters must be submitted to the Office of Financial Aid by mid-June.
Apply for admission
If you are just starting at UA Little Rock, make sure you have completed the online admissions application, or proceed if you are a continuing student.
Have a current FAFSA application on file
You must have your current FAFSA completed for the award year in which you are applying, prior to the scholarship opportunity deadline in order to be considered.
Access your Trojan SMART scholarship application
By filling out the online scholarship application and submitting required documents, you apply for a variety of UA Little Rock scholarships in one spot.