General Information about Private Scholarships
Each private scholarship is made possible through the generosity of individual and/or corporate donations. UALR donors are deeply committed to the mission of UALR and the promise of UALR students.
The 2014-15 General Private Scholarship Application is available for current and transfer students to complete. Please note this application is for the Fall 2014 - Spring 2015 academic year. The deadline to submit the application is March 1st. Decisions regarding general private scholarship awards will be announced no later than June 1st.
First-time entering freshman can apply for private scholarships by completing the academic scholarship application here: http://ualr.edu/admissions/scholarships/.
- Each college has its own scholarship application, scholarship committee, and scholarship selection process. Click on the link listed at the top of each College or section for additional information and scholarship applications.
- Application deadline for 2014-2015 is March 1, 2014.
- If you are applying for a scholarship that lists financial need as part of the criteria, you must apply for federal student aid by March 1, 2014. Federal student aid applications are available at: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ The UALR school code is 001101.
- Applications must be typed, signed, and dated.
- If you currently have a UALR private scholarship, it may be renewable. The scholarship cannot be renewed unless there is a current application on file.
- Private scholarship awards may impact other sources of financial aid administered through UALR.
- All scholarship recipients are required to write a personal letter of thanks to the donor before scholarship funds are posted.
- Private scholarship funds are awarded based on availability of funds.