It’s imperative that you thank your donor. A personal note of thanks to our donors simply says āthank you for your support and for reaffirming dreams.” So please say āthank you,ā and, after you do, tell yourĀ donor about yourself. Your donor will love to hear from you and will be pleased to know that his or her investment in UALR ā in you ā is meaningful and appreciated. The required thank you letter is due by mid-June. After we receive your letter, we will forward it to the donor. If the letter is unacceptable in any way (see below for guidelines, requirements, and suggestions), it will be returned to you to be rewritten.
Please send letters to:
Private Scholarship Office
2801 S. University Ave.
Little Rock, AR 72204
- Letters must be typed.
- Include all of the elements of a letter: your name and return address, date, salutation, body, closing, and your handwritten signature.
- A oneāpage letter is appropriate.
- Address your letter to the donor or relative of the donor that is listed in your award letter. Please address him or her as Dr., Mr., Mrs., or Ms., and spell his or her name correctly.
- If there is more than one donor or relative of the donor listed, please be sure to include all names in your salutation.
- Mention the scholarship by name in your introduction and spell it as it appears in your award letter.
- Have someone else proofread your letter to check for spelling and grammatical errors.
Content requirements and suggestions
- Tell your donor a bit about yourself. You might include your hometown, high school, family background, and/or reasons for choosing UALR.
- Describe your experience at UALR. You might include your class year, major, campus and community activities, and/or leadership experiences.
- Discuss your future plans. You might include what you hope to accomplish while at UALR, an expected graduation date, your career goals, and/or how you plan to utilize your degree.
- Express your gratitude for the scholarship. Tell your donor what this scholarship means to you and how it will help you. Be sincere and express your gratitude warmly.