· 2008 “Sexual Violence Prevention Education: Protecting Our Seniors”. The Center has been awarded a Grant from the Arkansas Commission on Child Abuse, Rape and Domestic Violence, to present three-part seminars to seniors, family members and caregivers in Pulaski and Saline Counties. The multimedia curriculum Addressing Elder Sexual Abuse: Developing a Community Response
developed by Karla Vierthaler of the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape and the Pennsylvania Department on Aging will be used to educate the communities of these counties how to create an environment which does not tolerate sexual abuse of the elderly. The seminar series was completed in September for the Jacksonville Senior Center; an additional seminar series is currently scheduled for the 14th and 21st of November with the South Central Center on Aging, an extension of UAMS into Jefferson County.· 2008 “Understanding Identity Theft: Identification, Avoidance, & Remedies”. A presentation to the Adventures in Learning class at LifeQuest. Little Rock, Arkansas. In 2007, after giving a presentation for the members of LifeQuest on issues that the Center addresses, Dr. Montague and his staff were invited back to present for a 3 month long session that the group offers. Senior Justice has been given the opportunity to present on a different topic each week to the members of LifeQuest. LifeQuest is dedicated to enhancing life’s journey through the middle and later years through life-long learning and meaningful volunteerism within the community.· 2007 “Crimes Against Elderly: Realities of choices made by Arkansas Senior Citizens & Professionals Working with Senior Citizens during the 2006-2007 year”.· 2007 “Crime Against Elderly with Developmental Disabilities: The Scope of the Problem.”· 2007 “Identifying Crime Against Elderly with Developmental Disabilities.”
· 2007 “Crimes Concerning Senior Citizens: Door-to-door and home repair scams”.
· 2007 “Ethical Dilemmas: Does your personal bias impact your judgment”.
· 2007 “Crimes Against the Elderly: A What and How on identity theft, home invasion robbery, drug diversion, nursing home abuse, and Medicare part D fraud”
· 2007 “Crimes Concerning Senior Citizens: A “what” and “how” Analysis on prescription drug crime and in-home abuse”.
· 2007 “Fake Lotteries, Sweepstakes, and Insurance Scams: Staying Smart”.
· 2007 “The Importance of community action to address elder crime”.
· 2007 “How Greater Focus On Crime Against Senior Citizens Is Needed.”
· 2007 “Crime Against The Elderly in Arkansas and the Need for Greater Awareness.”
· 2006 “Crimes Against Elderly: What volunteers should know.”
· 2006 “How the Senior Justice Center responds to Arkansas’ Needs.”
· 2006 Arkansas 2020 Legislative Research Study Plan Public Briefing.
· 2006 “Identification, Investigation, and Prevention of Crime Against the Elderly—Short Version.”
· 2006 “Prescription Drug Diversion and the Elderly: Understanding the realities of nursing homes.”
· 2006 “Elder Abuse and Mandated Reporting.”
· 2006 “Crime Against Elderly with Developmental Disabilities: The Scope of the Problem.
· 2006 “Understanding Fraud on Senior Citizens.”