Point Remove Creek, Arkansas
New Ferry, October 20, 1832
Cut a new road, diverging from the U.S. road to the right at the edge of Point Remove bottom and crossing Point Remove Creek at his house. Avoids the old site of the U.S. road for a distance of two miles and is on dryer and firmer ground. Road now confirmed by the court. Has graduated the banks of the creek to accommodate wagons. Banks are causewayed to the waters edge, boat recently built is 60 feet long. Landings so constructed with firm abutments that the boat serves as a bridge from one abutment to another in low water and a ferry boat in high. William Ellis.
Source: Arkansas Advocate, November 14, 1832.