I am from Illinois.
UALR MSW Program
- Advanced Direct Practice I, II, III
- Assessment and Differential Diagnosis
- Jones, K.A., & Michel, J. (2008). Battle of the dinosaurs: The impact of internalized bad maternal and paternal objects in a three year old boy, International Forum of Psychoanalysis, 17, 56-62.
- Jones, K.A., & Russell, S. (2007). The use of cases and case method teaching to enhance integration of theory with practice, Teaching in the Addictions, 6(1), 35-47.
- Jones, K. (2007). Assessing the impact of father-absence from a psychoanalytic perspective, Psychoanalytic Social Work, 14(1), 43-58.
- Jones, K.A., Mock, R., & Cearley S. (2006). Report from an Interdisciplinary Case Study on a Public Transit System in Crisis. Journal of Public Transportation, 9(4), 23-33.
- Jones, K.A (2005). Widening the lens: The efficacy of the case method in helping direct practice MSW students understand and apply mezzo and macro dimensions of practice. Social Work Education, 24(2), 197-211.
- Jones, K. A. (2005). The role of father in psychoanalytic theory: Historical and contemporary trends. Smith College Studies in Social Work, 75(1), 7-28.
- Jones, K.A., & Woodruff, E. (2005). Using student-written cases to enhance competency-based assessment and diagnostic skills. Social Work in Mental Health, 4(1), 49-69.
- Jones, K. A. (2004). Assessing psychological separation and academic performance in nonresident-father and resident-father adolescent boys. Child & Adolescent Social Work Journal, 21(4), 333-354.
- Jones, K. A., & Benda, B. B. (2004). Alcohol use among adolescents: A study of non-resident fathers, assets, and deficits. Alcoholism Treatment Quarterly, 22(1), 3-25.
- Jones, K. (2003). Making the case for the case method in graduate social work education. Journal of Teaching in Social Work, 23(1/2), 183-200.
- Jones, K., Kramer, T., Armitage, T., & Williams, K. (2003). The impact of father absence on adolescent separation-individuation. Genetic, Social, and General Psychology Monographs, 129(1), 73-95.
- Kramer, T., Jones, K., Kirchner, J., Miller, T., & Wilson, C. (2002). Addressing personnel concerns about school violence through education, assessment and strategic planning. Education, 123(2), 292-304.
- Jones, K.A. (in press) Revising psychoanalytic notion of the maternal and paternal role in situations of father-absence. Contemporary Psychotherapy.Â
- Jones, K. A. (1992). The effects of father absence on adolescent separation-individuation. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Smith College School for Social Work, Northampton, Massachusetts.
- May 2004 to Present-Professor: University of Arkansas at Little Rock, School of Social Work
- Chair of the second year Advanced Direct Practice concentration in the Graduate Social Work Program
- Coordinator of the Graduate Social Work Program
- September 1999 to May 2004-Assistant Professor: University of Arkansas at Little Rock, School of Social Work
- Sept. 1997 to Sept. 1999-Assistant Professor, part-time: University of Arkansas at Little Rock, School of Social Work
- August 1991 to April 1997-Assistant Professor, part-time: University of Kentucky
- Oct. 2004 to Present-Clinical Practice: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Department of Psychiatry
- April 1992 to April 1997-Private Practice: The Center for Psychotherapy
- Dec. 1989 to Dec. 1994-Director of Social Work: Franciscan Behavioral Health Services
- April 1985 to Dec. 1989-Clinical Social Worker II: University of Cincinnati, Department of Psychiatry, The Central Psychiatric Clinic
- Jan. 1981 to April 1985-Clinical Social Worker: Family Service of the Cincinnati Area
- PH.D. (February, 1992). Smith College School for Social Work, Northampton, Massachusetts.
- M.S.W. (January, 1981). University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana.
- B.S.W. (May, 1979). Southern Illinois University, Carbondale.
- A.A. (May, 1977). Illinois Valley Community College, Oglesby.