Financial Aid

How do I apply for financial aid?

  • Go to This site answers questions about the process of applying for financial aid. The School of Social Work is unable to answer questions concerning financial aid. Please visit the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid on the web at

What help can I get to pay for grad school?

Applicants for financial aid must be fully admitted (regular status) at UALR as degree-seeking students to be eligible for any form of financial aid. Graduate students are not eligible for the Pell Grant, Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, or Arkansas Student Assistance Grant.

Graduate Assistantships

  • Graduate assistantships are available through graduate programs or departments and the Graduate School. To be qualified, students must be fully admitted to a graduate program with a minimum course load of nine graduate hours, and be recommended by the program coordinator.Assistantships usually include a tuition scholarship, a stipend of at least $3,100 (half-time), and a 10-hour-per-week (also half-time) duty assignment for the nine-month academic year. Duty assignments vary, but most involve either teaching or research responsibilities. Whenever possible, assignments contribute to the student’s field of study. If you would like to be considered for a GA position, visit the following website: Based on the information provided, the unit/department will contact you if they are looking for a GA with your qualifications. Recipients are notified during the summer, prior to the beginning of fall classes.

TAMS (Tuition Assistance for Minority Students)

  • Please inquire at the Graduate School and visit the Teaching Enhancements Affecting Minority Students (TEAMS) website at

University Scholarships

  • University scholarships are awarded for both full- and part-time students through the UALR Office of Development and various UALR schools and colleges. UALR Scholarship Applications should be submitted to the Office of Development by March 1. In order to learn more about UALR Scholarships, contact the Office of Development, (501) 569-3194 or
  • The UALR School of Social Work has several scholarships available, though they are reserved for students entering their final year in the program. We announce these scholarships and applicable deadlines during April of each school year.Tuition deferment. The option of paying tuition in monthy installments is available by contacting the UALR Cashier’s office, at 569-3043.