In February 2013, Staff Senate chartered a Toastmasters International club on the UALR campus. This club, aptly named Class Act Toastmasters, is open to the public but targeted at UALR faculty, staff, and students.
Toastmasters is a great way to increase your leadership and public speaking skills. If you would like more information on our club or would like to visit one of our meetings, please contact any one of our officers:
- President: Aresh Assadi, Counseling and Career Planning Services
- Vice President of Education: Eva McKinney, Department of Anthropology and Sociology
- Vice President of Education: Arrayon Farlough, Testing Services and Student Life Research
- Vice President of Membership: Kendra Boyle, Center for Innovation and Commercialization
- Vice President of Public Relations: Leanna Payton, Office of Student Housing
- Secretary/Treasurer: Rikki Turner, Office of Student Housing
- Sergeant at Arms: Sylvester Cartwright, Testing Services and Student Life Research
Class Act Toastmasters meets every Friday from 12 – 1 pm. Contact Sergeant at Arms Sylvester Cartwright for location.