Where: DSC Room A
When: Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Time: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
The purpose of this course is to:
• Educate you on computer basics in plain English
• Learn basic computer terminology
• Remove the mystery and fears some have of computers
• Have a platform for you to ask questions and get real answers
What You Will Learn
• Computers basics - parts of the computer and how they work together
• Basic computer problems and how to fix them yourself.
• Little things one can do to keep their computer running smoothly
• Virus & SpyWare - what is the difference in viruses, spyware and malware
• How to defend yourself from these threats.
• How to protect your data
• What is a firewall and why do I need one?
• What is the best virus software out there and why?
• Free and low cost software that can save you money and save your computer.
• How to spot malicious emails and what to do when you find one.
• What to look for when you want to make online purchases safely.
• What is the cloud? Cloud computing for the everyday user.
There will be Door Prizes so come prepared to learn, ask questions and have fun!