UALR’s Arkansas Partnership for STEM Education (APSTEME) is made up of science, mathematics, and education units that work together to provide quality resources and materials to the public, private, and home-school education community. We are a proud part of the Arkansas network of 12 STEM centers located at university and college campuses around the state.
- PK-20 education outreach to the public, private, and home-schooled in the Central Arkansas education community. Outreach includes school site visits, instructional and technical support, model lessons, and STEM material checkout.
- Quality professional development for pre-service and in-service teachers at local, regional, state, and national levels;
- Access points for dissemination of educational materials, resources, and information; and provide links to common education partners throughout the state and nation. Access points are the Math and Science Specialists and the STEM Center. The STEM Center website is an access point for teachers to learn about current information in Arkansas STEM education.
- Educational expertise to partner with researchers for grant writing for the enhancement of Math and Science Education;
- Supports pre-college scientific research through the Central Arkansas Regional Science & Engineering Fair by conducting teacher professional development on conducting project-based learning with their students.
- Educational enrichment to Little Rock children by partnering with Children International.
Content and Education Specialists:
- Model Lessons
- Education Leadership
- Instructional Strategies
- Instructional Facilitating
- Assessment Data Analyses
- Instructional Materials Exchange
- Curriculum Alignment and Mapping
How did we do? Did you find all the information you needed? Please fill out this short survey so we know how we did?