The Student Services Success Initiatives program is designed to empower, support, and assist African American and Hispanic/Latino students and increase their retention and graduation rates.
The three Iâ€™s of the program, early Intervention, Identifying needs and Intrusive advising are utilized to motivate students to achieve academic success. High expectations and peer interactions are at the core of the program. The programsâ€™ mantra affirms:
â€śFailure is not an option!â€ť
The programs are multifaceted. SSSI offers students the opportunity to receive both professional and peer mentoring.
The goals of these programs are focused on academic success, retention, and graduation. SSSI seeks to
- Assist students in identifying resources for individual success
- Establish positive mentoring and peer advising relationships
- Help students focus on and sharpen academic skills
- Acquaint students with organizations and methods to become involved on campus and the central Arkansas community
- Help build a sense of community on the UALR campus