Please complete the Student Support Services application and return it with a copy of your signed tax return to our offices at UALR in the Speech Building to either 105 or 101. You may elect to mail or fax the materials to:
Academic Success Center -Â Student Support Services
2801 South University Avenue, Speech 101
Little Rock, AR 72204-1099
To qualify for program services, all applicants must be:
- Admitted to and enrolled at UALR in a 4-year program
And meet the following Federal Requirements:
- Citizen or national of the US who meets the residency requirements for Federal student financial assistance; AND
- Low-income according to federal guidelines (to verify low-income eligibility you must submit with your application a current copy of your parent(s)â€™/guardian(s) most currentÂ Federal tax return or, if an independent student by FAFSA standards, your most current Federal tax return); AND/OR
- First generation college student (parent(s)/guardian(s) do not have a 4-year college degree); AND/OR
- Student with a disability (documentation accepted: IEP, family doctor/M.D. verification, letter from UALRÂ Disability Resource Center, and other sources)
Applications will be reviewed and eligible applicants will be asked to visit the SSS offices to complete various inventories that assist SSS staff in determining academic need and what program services would be most supportive toward college completion.
Decisions about whether students are accepted into SSS are based upon available space and whether we would be able to assist you in the completion of your undergraduate degree. If you are accepted into SSS, you will be expected to make a commitment to using the available services, to staying in good academic standing (minimum 2.0 GPA), and to remaining enrolled at UALR through the receipt of your bachelor’s degree.