To qualify for program services, all applicants must be:
- Admitted to and enrolled at UALR in a 4-year program
And meet the following Federal Requirements:
- Citizen or national of the US who meets the residency requirements for Federal student financial assistance; AND
- Low-income according to federal guidelines (to verify low-income eligibility you must submit with your application a current copy of your parent(s)â€™/guardian(s) most currentÂ Federal tax return or, if an independent student by FAFSA standards, your most current Federal tax return); AND/OR
- First generation college student (parent(s)/guardian(s) do not have a 4-year college degree); AND/OR
- Student with a disability (documentation accepted: IEP, family doctor/M.D. verification, letter from UALRÂ Disability Resource Center, and other sources)
Applications will be reviewed and eligible applicants will be asked to visit the SSS offices to complete various inventories that assist SSS staff in determining academic need and what program services would be most supportive toward college completion.
Decisions about whether students are accepted into SSS are based upon available space and whether we would be able to assist you in the completion of your undergraduate degree. If you are accepted into SSS, you will be expected to make a commitment to using the available services, to staying in good academic standing (minimum 2.0 GPA), and to remaining enrolled at UALR through the receipt of your bachelor’s degree.
Please complete the Student Support Services application and return it with a copy of your signed tax return to our offices at UALR in the Speech Building to either 105 or 101.
- Download the above application.
- Open using Microsoft Word.
- Enable Macros to maintain format.
- Click on the Security Warning in upper left
- Choose Enable Macros and Ok.
- Alternatively, use this file. Write legibly if you complete it this way. Skip to step 6.
- Complete the form by using “Tab” to get to each subsequent section.
- Use the “Space Bar” or right-click on the mouse to check or uncheck a box.
- Print your completed application and sign.
- Print a copy of your 2013 Federal Tax form* (Pages 1 & 2 of the 1040 – click for an example)
- Sign in ink your signature on the bottom of Page 2 of the 1040, where it says, “Sign Here”. Electronic signatures are not accepted for our purposes.
- Submit your application and materials to the SSS office in Speech 105.
You may elect to mail or fax the materials to:
Academic Success Center –Â Student Support Services
2801 South University Avenue, Speech 101
Little Rock, AR 72204-1099
* If you did not file your Federal Taxes for this year, you may request a “Certified Tax Statement – Statement of non-filing” form from our office.