To qualify for program services, all applicants must be:
- Admitted to and enrolled at UALR in a 4-year program
And meet the following Federal Requirements:
- Citizen or national of the US who meets the residency requirements for Federal student financial assistance; AND
- Low-income, according to Federal guidelines (to verify low-income eligibility you must submit with your application a current copy of your parent(s)’/guardian(s)’ most current Federal tax return or, if an independent student by FAFSA standards, your most current Federal tax return); AND/OR
- First generation college student (parent(s)/guardian(s) do not have a 4-year college degree); AND/OR
- Student with a disability (documentation accepted: IEP, family doctor/M.D. verification, letter from UALR Disability Resource Center, and other sources)
Applications will be reviewed, and eligible applicants will be asked to visit the SSS office to complete various inventories that assist SSS staff in determining academic need and what program services would be most supportive toward college completion.
Being Accepted into SSS is determined by the following:
- a student meeting eligibility requirements;
- currently available space in the program; and
- a reasonable determination the student could be assisted to successful completion of an undergraduate degree.
If a student is accepted into SSS, s/he will be expected to make the following commitments:
- remain active in SSS by using available SSS services each semester;
- remain in good academic standing (minimum of 2.0 overall GPA); and
- remain enrolled at UALR through receipt of a bachelor’s degree.
Please complete the Student Support Services application and return it with a copy of your signed tax return to the SSS office in the Speech Building, Room 105.
- Download the above application.
- Open using Microsoft Word.
- Enable Macros to maintain format.
- Click on the Security Warning in upper left
- Choose Enable Macros and OK.
- Select View (upper left menu)
- Select Edit Document
- Alternatively, use this file. Write legibly if you complete it this way. Skip to step 6.
- Complete the form by using “Tab” to get to each subsequent section.
- Use the “Space Bar” or right-click on the mouse to check or uncheck a box.
- Print your completed application and sign.
- Print a copy of your 2015 Federal tax form* (pages 1 & 2 of the 1040)
- Write your signature in ink on the bottom of page 2 of the 1040, where it says, “Sign Here.” Electronic signatures are not accepted for our purposes.
- Submit your application and materials to the SSS office in SPCH 105.
You may elect to mail or fax the materials to:
Academic Success Center – TRiO Student Support Services
2801 South University Avenue, SPCH 105
Little Rock, AR 72204-1099
* If you did not file your Federal Taxes for this year, you may request a “Certified Tax Statement – Statement of non-filing” form from our office.