Top 10 study habits for an A+ Education
To gain an A+ education the answer is simple-solid, good study habits. Successful students apply these habits to all their classes and so can you. Here are some tips to help you get an “A” in your next class:
- Limit your study time in one session: Studying too much at one time will tire you out quickly and you will be less effective. Space the work over shorter time periods and take short breaks to boost your mental energy.
- Set specific study times: When planning your day or week, set aside specific times for any school related work and study the same time each day. This will help establish a routine that becomes a regular part of your daily life.
- Set specific goals for study times: Simply sitting down to study has little value. Write down your goals for what you want to accomplish during those study times. This will help you stay focused and you can monitor your success.
- Avoid procrastination: Even if the assignment is you’re least favorite, don’t put it off. If you procrastinate for any reason, you will find it difficult to complete your work.
- Work on the difficult assignment first: Since your most difficult assignment will require the most effort, start with that assignment first, when you have the most mental energy. Call another student when you have difficulty with an assignment. This may help get a better understanding of the assignment.
- Review notes: Reviewing your notes can help you make sure you are doing an assignment correctly. Also, your notes may include information that will help you complete an assignment.
- Turn off the cell phone: Ask your friends not to call you during your study times so you can get your assignment done on time.
- Weekend studying: Weekends may be your free time, but set aside some time on Sunday evening to help prepare yourself for Monday.