DuringÂ Summer 2014, fromÂ June 16 through August 8, our SSS program will be offering a free course for pre-coreÂ math for UALR SSS participants. This opportunity is provided in collaboration with the Council for Opportunity in Education and a pilot math study. Participants will be supported through the course with academic coaches and math tutors provided by SSS.
The course is FREE (it is not through UALR and thus financial aid will not have information about it) and will provide UALRÂ SSS ParticipantsÂ with the opportunity to complete several online modules of pre-core math, preferably to complete all pre-core math requirements. In exchange for this opportunity, to be sure that you get the most out of it, theÂ following conditions apply:
- You must use SSS Math tutoring for sessions when recommended by SSS during the summer modules.
- You are encouraged to use SSS Math tutoring regardless of your progress.
- You must complete a minimum number of weekly hours in the modules, preferably some of that with SSS on-site on T, W, Th from 2-3:30 pm (exceptions made for those working full-time; accommodations made for those working other hours, but still available to come in on-site for 1.5 hours, three days a week, between 8 am – 4 pm).
- You must attend a minimum of three (3) sessions on building college success skills, as available, at times outside of the math course.
- You must take the COMPASS, at your expense, upon completing the course or at the end of the summer module, whichever comes first.
- You must meet with your SSS counselor when the COMPASS score is available to discuss your Fall 2014 math enrollment.
- You must enroll in the subsequent series of math, depending upon your progress in the module, in Fall 2014 and participate in tutoring services during your enrollment in the Fall 2014 semester.
If you would like to participate in the free pre-core math course with SSS and have not yet completed your pre-core math requirements (those required to proceed to College Algebra or Quantitative and Mathematical Reasoning),Â please complete this online form.
Details will be added at this page, as available.